We are seeking a Manager to join our 22-person team. Wilary Winn continues to grow rapidly and the firm offers members of our team the opportunity to work on engagements that are at the forefront of issues in the financial services industry, including asset liability management, mergers and acquisitions, valuation of illiquid financial instruments, and credit loss estimates.
We are a boutique firm looking for an experienced manager that wants to be an integral part of our growing team. The right candidate will benefit immediately from direct in-person training with Senior Managers and Directors, in order to competently step into the role of Manager and be integrated into the team. The Manager will engage on projects from start to finish, supervising and developing a team of analysts. The Manager will also communicate directly with clients regarding the engagement and results.
The Manager will work with our Senior Managers and Directors to:
- Estimate expected lifetime credit losses for loans and investments in full accordance with the current expected credit loss (“CECL”) model
- Perform Asset Liability Management, including quarterly measurement and reporting, capital stress testing, and concentration risk analysis
- Determine the fair value of assets, liabilities, equity and goodwill in financial institution mergers and acquisitions
- Estimate the fair value of illiquid financial instruments including mortgage servicing rights
- Manage analysts throughout each engagement
- Perform research and analyze historical data, assisting in the development and improvement of discounted cash flow models, assumption sets, and overall business line evolution
- Draft, review, and present reports to our clients
- Manage and continue to develop a strong team of financial analysts
The Manager will work with best-of-breed technology, including Bloomberg, Intex, S& P Global, ZM Financial Systems, Inc., and our proprietary cash flow engines.
- At least 7 to 10 years of experience in an analytical role within a financial institution, financial services firm, management consulting firm, or accounting firm
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing a team of financial analysts
- An in-depth knowledge of discounted cash flow models with experience in ALM, CECL, or MSRs required
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics or a related field. An MBA, accounting, or statistical background is a plus. The successful candidate will have the following personal characteristics:
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Excellent organizational, research and time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and negotiate competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, as well as work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent managerial skills, with a strong ability to lead, train, and develop financial analysts
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health insurance, a health savings account, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and paid time off.