Initially offered at the 2017 AICPA Conference on Credit Unions, All You Ever Wanted to Know About Mortgage Banking offers an all-inclusive insight into a credit union’s mortgage banking operation.
This presentation touches on important facets of the mortgage origination marketplace in addition to addressing the financial, accounting and regulatory implications of the secondary market.
This presentation provides an overall understanding of:
- Mortgage servicing rights
- Mortgage banking derivatives, including IRLCs made to members and forward sales commitments
- Mortgage loan marketplace
- Risks and rewards of holding the loan in portfolio versus selling it into the secondary market
- Regulatory environment
- Operations required to originate and sell loans including the use of third parties and mortgage banking software